Notary Public in Bangkok
In many jurisdictions, a notary public is an official who is licensed by the government to authenticate signatures or documents, and witness affidavits or statements of persons under oath. Notarization of documents is often required when it is important to show the authenticity of the document or to be sure that the person signing the document is who they say there are.
If you are in need for a notary public in Bangkok, a "notarial services attorney" may be able to meet your needs.
Notarial Services Attorney in Bangkok
Although Thailand does not have a notary public law, as an alternative some Thai lawyers are authorized to function as notarial services attorneys. The Lawyers Council of Thailand regulates the practice of notarial services in Thailand. A Thai lawyer is required to undergo and pass a professional training course on notarial services before he or she can be registered as a notarial services attorney.
A notary public Bangkok or a notarial services attorney may:
- Certification of copies of legal documents by a licensed notarial services attorney
- Verification and certification of the authenticity of signatures
- Recording statements made under formal oath
- Administering and documenting oaths
- Certification of ID
- Acceptance of oaths of instruments, e.g., power of attorney, to be used in other jurisdictions as normally accepted by the competent officer of the respective countries
If you need some other kind of authentication, certification or legalization you will likely need to go to your embassy in Bangkok, or the embassy of the country to which the document is to be presented. In some cases you will need to take a document to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Legalization Division in Bangkok for legalization or apostille after it has been certified by a notarial services attorney or by the embassy.
Notary Services at US Embassy Bangkok
The consular section of the US Embassy Bangkok may provide notarial services such acknowledgement of signature, power of attorney and certified copies of US passports. There are certain services that the embassy cannot perform and these include notarised copies of academic certificates, marriage, birth and divorce certificates issued in the US without authentication from the US Department of State.
Notary Services at British Embassy Bangkok
The consular section of the British Embassy Bangkok provides a limited range of notarial and documentary services to British nationals in Bangkok such as certified copy of British passport and British driving licence, affirmation of marital status and affirmation of residency. However, the embassy cannot provide notarized copies of UK marriage certificates, divorce decrees, and educational certificates and to witness a signature on a Power of Attorney.
In cases where the consular officer at a foreign embassy in Bangkok cannot provide any notarial services that the foreign nationals may require, they may contact a licensed Thailand notary lawyer to certify their documents, particularly if such documents will be used in Thailand.
Legalization at the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Thailand is also not a party to the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement for Legalization for Foreign Public Documents (or Apostille Convention), so if you need to authenticate or certify a document that originated outside of Thailand or a document from Thailand that will be used in another country, you may also need to have it legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The “legalization” is the process by which a document is authenticated for international use.
Siam Legal International Notary Public Services
Our notary public in Bangkok can notarize all types of legal documents of an individual for use in Thailand and abroad such as:
- Private contracts and agreements
- Power of Attorney for use in Thailand and abroad
- Copy of documents as true copies
- Copy of passport or identification card
- Certificates (birth, marriage, divorce and educational)
- Bank documents and letters
- Property documents for use in Thailand and abroad
- Legal documents for use abroad
We also notarize corporate or business documents such as:
- Power of Attorney
- Documents for Company, Director and Shareholder
- Affidavit, statements, or declaration
- Legal translations
- Certificate of identity of directors or company officers
- Certificate of Company good Standing
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Company Resolution, minutes, contracts, and reports
For a reliable fast, and cost-efficient Notary Public service in Bangkok, our firm is the best option for you. For further inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact us.