UK Student Visa
The Tier 4 Student and Child categories under the points based system are for those international students who wish to come to the UK to study and experience life and culture in the UK.
We can help with your Tier 4 Student Visa applications and queries. Our expert consultants can assist you with the preparation of your application and ensure that you meet with all the requirements of the relevant Immigration Rules.
UK (General) Student Visa Eligibility
- You must have been accepted at a UK-based institution which is registered with the Home Office for full-time study which is a minimum of 15 hours of classroom study per week.
- You will need to have English ability just below GCSE in a foreign language to gain entry to the UK on a student visa;
- You need to provide evidence that you have sufficient funds to pay for your course and support your stay in the UK;
- You need to provide your certificates that show sufficient qualifications from secondary school or college;
- You need to provide your letter of acceptance to show you have been accepted on a course of study in the UK.
There are certain restrictions on a Tier 4 Student Visa. For example:
- You will not be able to study below degree level if the course includes a work placement unless the course is being provided by a university, college or training provider with the status of ‘highly trusted sponsor';
- You will not be able to bring in dependents if the duration of the course is less than six months.
- If you are studying a course lower than foundation or undergraduate degree level your dependents will not be allowed to work in the UK.
Under Tier 4 Student Visa regulations, international students have permission to commence part time work of up to 20 hours per week and full time during holidays. The Tier 4 Student Visa also gives permission for you to undertake a work placement as part of your university course.
By paying through Paypal, you agree to the terms and conditions of this website.
What Siam Legal Can Do For You
Our Education Visa for UK service does not include embassy or government fees. We provide you with:
- Full review of your own personal, financial & employment history, if any, and your educational background
- Consultation and confirmation if you are eligible for a UK student visa
- Comprehensive checklist of required documents for the applicant and the sponsor (if any)
- Thorough preparation of your visa application
- Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies
- Careful arrangement of all correspondence with government agencies
- Expert advice on how to handle the consular interview
- Unlimited assistance over the phone with our UK Visa specialists
AFTER OBTAINING A UK STUDENT VISA
- The visa will be granted for the length of your study in the UK.
- During term-time you may not work more than 20 hours per week, except where the placement meets the definition of an internship.
- During vacation periods, you are allowed to work full-time.
- As a student you are not allowed to engage in business, self-employment or the provision of services as a professional sportsperson or entertainer.
- You have no recourse to public funds.
- Short-term students (student visitors) who are here for six months or less are not entitled to the free medical treatment in the UK.
Graduating students can switch into work permit employment within the UK, without having to return to their home country. This rule is valid for graduate students, student nurses, postgraduate doctors, and dentists.
|Local Office Numbers:|