Opening a Bank Account
Opening a bank account in Thailand offers several benefits but foreigners often find themselves having a difficult time opening one or are unsure of what they need to be eligible for an account.
Siam Legal offers and provides assistance for a smooth and hassle-free way in opening up a Thai bank account.
- You will receive assistance in opening up a savings/current bank account
- You will receive a Bank book and a debit/ATM card
- Online Banking (Thai mobile number is required)
- Applicants who are currently on visa exemption stamps or short-stay visas
- Applicants who are currently in Thailand on a non-immigrant visa or extension of stay
- Guarantee letter (to be provided by Siam Legal)
- If you reside in Bangkok or Chiang Mai, we will accompany you personally to the bank.
- If you currently reside in the provinces, we will coordinate with the branch of the bank nearest you and set up an appointment for you to open an account. The staff at the bank will take care of you. We will mail the necessary forms that you need to submit to the branch of the bank.
Our service fee is 150 USD for opening a local currency account. If you reside in Bangkok, it includes free consultation on Thai visa-related inquiries.
Opening a Corporate Bank Account
Siam Legal International also offers opening of a corporate bank account. Listed below are the minimum requirements for setting up the bank account.
Corporate Bank Account (Thai Company)
List of Requirements:
- Documents related to juristic persons such as Certificate of the Company Registration verifying names of directors, managing partners and authorized directors (dated not more than one month previously)
- Identity documents and House Registration of authorized person(s) such as Citizen ID card or any other ID cards
- Certificate of Shareholder Registration (Bor Or Jor 3), certifying the company seal or any amended registration details (Bor Or Jor 4)
- Letter of Authority from authorized person(s) on behalf of the juristic person (if other person is an authorized representative to withdraw funds)
- Identity documents and House Registration of authorized representative to withdraw funds such as Citizen ID card or any other ID cards
- Minutes of the Board Meeting authorizing the opening of the account and designating the signatories for payments with a company seal (if any)
Corporate Bank Account (Companies Registered Overseas)
List of Requirements:
- Minutes and Board Meeting authorizing the opening of the account and designating the signatories for payments and closure of the account.
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Articles and Memorandum of Association
- Power of Attorney and Passport of the grantee (required in case the signatory is not a director of the company)
- Passport of the directors and authorized persons. If a shareholder holds more than 25% of company shares
Note: All company documents (every page) must be verified by a Notary Public and attested by the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate in the country where the company is registered. However, the time between the date of issue and the expiry date must not exceed six months.
For the quotation of fees for opening a corporate bank account, please do not hesitate to contact our Corporate Section for more information or contact us here.