Canadian Family Visa
Foreigners and Thais who are spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or dependent children of Canadian citizens are eligible to immigrate to Canada as permanent residents. Application for Family Class sponsorship is done either outside or inside of Canada.
Thai spouses of Canadians and their dependents can avail this visa to be able to live in Canada for good.
Eligibility Requirements of the Sponsor
- You must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- You must meet certain income requirements
- You must have no criminal records
- You are the spouse, partner, or legal parent of the applicant
Eligibility Requirements of the Applicant
- You must be in spousal or partner relationship with the sponsor, or a legal dependent
- Must be in good health
- No criminal records
- Must be 16 years old of age or older
Eligibility Requirements of the Dependents
A son or daughter is dependent if the child:
- Younger than 22 years old and is single
- Is a full-time student and is dependent on a parent for financial support since before the age of 22, or since becoming a spouse or common-law partner (if this happened before age 22) or is financially dependent on a parent since before the age of 22 because of a disability.
Grounds for Inadmissibility
Sponsor: You may not be eligible to be a sponsor if you:
- sponsored someone in the past but failed to support the person
- abandoned a court-ordered support order like alimony
- received government financial assistance
- were convicted of a heinous criminal offence
- are currently in jail
- are bankrupt
Beneficiary: You may not be eligible to be sponsored if:
- You are under 16 years of age
- You are a bigamist (legally married person who marries another)
- You took another partner during a separation of one year from your sponsor
- Your sponsor previously sponsored another spouse and three years have not passed
Visa Application Process
The application process involves two steps:
- The Canadian citizen or permanent resident must apply to sponsor their spouse, partner or dependents.
- The spouse, partner, or dependent children must then apply for permanent residence.
The applications for both sponsorship and permanent residence are done simultaneously. There are two steps to process the application forms:
- The sponsorship application is processed by the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario (for family members living outside Canada), or the CPC in Vegreville, Alberta (for family members living inside Canada).
- If you are an eligible sponsor, the permanent residence application is sent to the appropriate Canadian visa office.
The Canadian Embassy in Bangkok does not accept applications for immigration to Canada so the application for permanent residence in Canada will be processed by the Regional Processing Centre at the Canadian High Commission in Singapore. We can help you process your application on your behalf by clicking the button below.
How Siam Legal Can Assist You
If you wish to obtain your family visa to Canada hassle free, we would be glad to assist you with the visa application process. We offer:
- Full review of your personal, financial, and employment history
- Assistance with collection of your documents
- Consultation with our Canadian Immigration Specialist
- Comprehensive checklist of required documents for the applicant and the sponsor
- Liaise with the Canadian embassy in Singapore
- Assistance with Police Report
- Assistance with medical check up
- Professional and accurate preparation of your visa application
- Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies
- Careful preparation of all correspondences
- Expert advice on how to handle yourself during the interview (if any)
By paying through Paypal, you agree to the terms and conditions of this website.
Contact any of our Canadian immigration attorneys in Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket, and Chiang Mai to arrange your Visa to Canada in Thailand.
|Canadian Tourist Visa||Spouse Visa to Canada|
|Student Visa to Canada||Family Visa to Canada|
|Work Visa to Canada||Canadian Visas|
|Canadian Embassy in Bangkok|
|Local Office Numbers:|