Australian Family Member Visa for Thai
What is an Australian Family Member Visa?
An Australian Family Member Visa is issued to a foreigner who has a family member holding Australian citizenship, Australian permanent residency or eligible New Zealand citizenship. This type of visa allows the holder to reside in Australia with their family as a permanent resident. The visa must be sponsored by the aforementioned family member or their eligible partner in Australia.
Those who can lodge the Australian Family Member Visa Thailand application are Thai nationals or foreigners holding relevant residence status (A Non-Immigrant visa and work permit in Thailand). The applicants may apply for the following types of visa:
- Aged Dependent Relative visa
This type of visa is for applicants who are neither married nor formally separated. The applicants should be dependents of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen and must be old enough to be granted an old age pension under the Social Security Act 1991.
- Remaining Relative visa
This type of visa is for applicants, who are children or siblings of an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, and have no other parent or sibling residing outside Australia.
- Career visa
This type of visa is for applicants who have close relatives residing in Australia as Australian citizens, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, with a medical condition for which Health Services Australia has been issued a medical assessment with a rating of 30.
Your family in Australia has to lodge the application with required documents and application fees while you, the applicant, will go to the VFS Bangkok in person to submit your application documents which will be transferred to Australian embassy for evaluation process. This process can take 3 to 4 months to be completed. The applicant must:
- Complete the necessary forms and all required documents
- pass health clearance
- pass character clearance
The sponsor must provide:
- Letter assuring support, accommodation and financial assistance for the applicant in the first 2 years
- Proof of financial support to the applicant and any family members accompanying the applicant without recourse to public funds for 2 years
What We Can Do For You
Our Australian Visa in Thailand service does not include embassy or government fees. We provide you with:
- Full review of your sponsor and your own personal and employment history
- Consultation and confirmation what type of visitor visa is appropriate for you
- Comprehensive checklist of required documents for you and your sponsor (if any)
- Professional and accurate preparation of your visa application
- Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies
- Careful arrangement of all correspondence with the government agencies
- Expert advice on how to handle yourself during the interview (if any)
- Unlimited assistance over the phone with our Australian Visa specialists