Notary Public in Samui
In many countries, a notary public is a lawyer who is licensed by the government to authenticate signatures or documents, and witness affidavits or statements of persons under oath. Notarization of documents is often required when it is important to show the authenticity of the document or to be sure that the person signing the document is who they say there are.
If you are in need for a notary public in Samui, a "notarial services attorney" may be able to meet your needs.
Notarial Services Attorney in Samui
Although Thailand does not have a notary public, as an alternative some Thailand lawyers are authorized to function as notarial services attorneys. The Lawyers Council of Thailand regulates the practice of notarial services in Thailand. A Thai lawyer is required to undergo and pass a professional training course on notarial services before he or she can be registered as a notarial services attorney.
Meet Our Notary Public in Samui
Miss Korakot Somwong is an English-speaking Thai notary lawyer in Samui. She earned her Law Degree at Assumption University in Bangkok and Master of Law at University of Essex in the United Kingdom. Khun "Kor", as she was fondly called, is a licensed lawyer and a certified Notarial Services Attorney by the Lawyer’s Council of Thailand.
A notary public Samui or a notarial services attorney may:
- certify copies of legal documents by a licensed notarial services attorney
- verify and certify the authenticity of signatures
- record statements made under formal oath
- administer and document oaths
- certify ID
- notarize oaths of instruments, e.g., power of attorney, to be used in other jurisdictions as normally accepted by the competent officer of the respective countries
If you need some other kind of authentication, certification or legalization you will likely need to go to your consulate in Phuket, or the embassy of the country in Bangkok to which the document is to be presented. In some cases you will need to take a document to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Legalization Division in Bangkok for legalization or apostille after it has been certified by a notarial services attorney or by the consulate or embassy.
Notary Services at Foreign Consulates in Samui
Koh Samui is home to some foreign honorary consulates such as Austria, France and Russia. These consulates may be able to provide limited notarial services to its citizens such as certifying a copy of passport. It is recommended that foreigners residing in Samui to check with the consular office if the services that they require may be provided by these consulates as some of the services may be provided only by their embassy in Bangkok.
In cases where the consular officer at a foreign consulate in Samui cannot provide any notarial service to their citizens, the foreigner may contact a licensed Samui lawyer to certify their documents, particularly if such documents will be used in Thailand.
Legalization at the Thailand Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Thailand is also not a party to the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement for Legalization for Foreign Public Documents (or Apostille Convention), so if you need to authenticate or certify a document that originated outside of Thailand or a document from Thailand that will be used in another country, you may also need to have it legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The “legalization” is the process by which a document is authenticated for international use.
Siam Legal Samui Notary Public Services
Our notary public in Samui can notarize all types of legal documents of an individual for use in Thailand and abroad such as:
- Private contracts and agreements
- Power of Attorney for use in Thailand and abroad
- Copy of documents as true copies
- Copy of passport or identification card
- Certificates (birth, marriage, divorce and educational)
- Bank documents and letters
- Property documents for use in Thailand and abroad
- Legal documents for use abroad
We also notarize corporate or business documents such as:
- Power of Attorney
- Documents for Company, Director and Shareholder
- Affidavit, statements, or declaration
- Legal translations
- Certificate of identity of directors or company officers
- Certificate of Company good Standing
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Company Resolution, minutes, contracts, and reports
For a reliable fast, and cost-efficient Notary Public service in Samui, our Thai law firm is the best option for you. For further inquiry, please do not hesitate to contact us.