UK Visitor Visa
The visitor visa is the most popular single route for individuals coming to the UK for tourism, visiting family as well as business visits. Entry clearance is necessary for Thai nationals for travel to the UK. A UK Visitor Visa for Thai nationals can be granted for visits of six month. The VFS UK visa application center in Bangkok accepts applications for all visa categories and is officially authorized by the UK Visa and Immigration.
Applicants for a UK Visitors Visa Thailand as a tourist or visitor must show:
- that the applicant is genuinely seeking to enter the UK for a limited period of time as requested in the application;
- that the applicant is not using the visitor visa as a means for extended stays to live in the UK through extensions or multiple successive visits;
- that the applicant will not work in the United Kingdom for remuneration or for free;
- that the applicant will not produce goods or provide services including the selling of goods or services to the public;
- if the applicant is attending an educational course in the UK, that it is not the main purpose of the visit and not longer than 30 days;
- that the applicant has sufficient funds to support themselves on their visit without the need of public funds or employment. If the applicant will be accommodated by relatives or friends in the UK, they have to provide a statement that they are legally present in the UK (or will be at the time of the visit) and intend to provide accommodations and support;
- that the applicant has the means to leave the United Kingdom at the end of their stay.
- Thai national
- Foreigner holding residence status in Thailand (e.g. with a Non-Immigrant visa and work permit)
UK Tourist Visa Requirements
- Intent to visit the UK for a short period - no more than 6 months.
- Intent to leave the UK after the end of your visit
- Demonstrate that you can meet the cost of the return or onward journey
- Must show that you have sufficient funds to maintain and accommodate yourself in the UK
- Evidence of strong ties to Thailand or compelling reasons that they will come back
In the case of sponsorship,
- Letter of invitation (by a UK citizen or permanent resident)
- Letter of sponsorship (by a UK citizen or permanent resident)
- Evidence of stable employment by sponsor
Other supporting documents relevant to the application
Activities not permitted on a general visitor visa
- Must not intend to study in the UK
- Must not intend to charge the public for services provided or goods received
- Must not intend to undertake business, sport or entertainer visitor activities
- Must not intend to marry or register a civil partnership in the UK
- Must not intend to receive private medical treatment during your visit to the UK
- Must not be a transit passenger to a country outside the Common Travel Area
Meet Our UK Visa Team
Laddawan Hanchanameechai, Department Manager
Miss Laddawan (Noina) has more than 20 years of experience in legal and immigration services. Being fluent in English and Thai, she ensures that all documents are properly translated and prepared. As the manager, she ensures that clients are kept up to date on their case and that questions will be answered within a reasonable time frame.
What Siam Legal Can Do For You
Our UK Visitors Visa Thailand service does not include embassy or government fees. We provide you with:
- Full review of your personal, financial & employment history
- Consultation and confirmation of what type of UK visa is appropriate for you
- Extensive checklist of documents that you need for your visa application
- Professional and accurate preparation of your visa application
- Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies
- Careful preparation of all correspondence with government agencies
- Expert advice on how to handle yourself at your Consular interview
- Unlimited personal communication with our UK Visa specialists
Frequently Asked QuestionsWhat must be my passport validity?
You need to make sure that your passport is valid within 6 months upon the end of your travel to the UK. The passport should have blank pages for the visa sticker and it should be free from any alterations and should not be tampered nor laminated.When can I apply for my visa?
Your application can only be submitted within 90 days before the date of your desired travel date. Please be informed that the visa assessment will take 15 working days from the time of submission. We encourage you to apply as early as possible.How can I get my visa approved?
The visa application will likely be approved if you can supply documents that demonstrate strong ties in Thailand such as employment, business, properties under your name, family ties and evidence of other sources of income.I am a frequent Traveler to the UK can I get more than 6 months visa validity?
Your UK Visit Visa can be valid for the following duration: 6 Months, 2 Years, 5 Years or 10 Years. Regardless of the validity of the visa, you are only permitted to stay in the UK not longer than 180 days per visit.I don’t have money on the bank. Can I still apply for a visa?
Yes, you can still apply for a visa as long as you have a sponsor for your trip. If you do not have a sponsor, it is required to have sufficient funds in your Thai bank account. It is important that the sources of funds are legal.
What Our UK Visitor Visa Clients Have to Say: