Bangkok Lawyers | Siam Legal International

Contact Information

Siam Legal International
Two Pacific Place Building,
18th Floor, Unit 1806,
142 Sukhumvit Road, Klongtoey,
Bangkok 10110 Thailand

Phone: 02 254 8900
Mobile: 084 021 9800

Thailand: +66 2 254-8900
US-Toll Free: 1-877-252-8831

Business Hours:
Monday to Friday 9 AM to 6 PM

Bangkok Lawyers

in Thailand

Bangkok is Thailand's largest city where all government departments are located. These range from the courts system, prison systems and Thai Immigration. The companies registration office and Thai Foreign Affairs are all located in Bangkok. If you are in need of Bangkok lawyers then speak to us at Siam Legal. With branches in all the main cities of Thailand with our head office in Bangkok, we are best able to assist you with your legal needs.

Bangkok Lawyers

Do you need legal services in bangkok?

If you require the services of Bangkok Lawyers or Solicitors for business registration, immigration or divorce, Bangkok is the location of the head offices of the Ministry of Commerce, Department of Justice, Land Office and most other administration of justice and commerce offices in Thailand.

In Thailand the provincial offices are only branches of the main office in Thailand. This is why having an attorney in Bangkok with multiple branches makes sense. As an example if you wish to register a property in Phuket, the documents still have to come to the Land Office in Bangkok.

Contact Us

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I find a Notary in Bangkok?

Our team of notary lawyers is licensed lawyers practicing in Thailand and also licensed to provide notarial services by Lawyers Council of Thailand. They could notarize a document or authentication of signatures or documents, and the witnessing of affidavits or statements of persons under oath.

What is the easiest business structure to set up in Bangkok?

The easiest Thai legal entity would be the Thai Limited Company or a Private Thai Limited Company, to be exact. Thailand has a lot of foreign investment restrictions. The Private Thai Limited Company is flexible because it allows for 51% Thai ownership, while still allowing foreign investors to take part in the management of the company. According to Section 1096 of the Thai Civil and Commercial Code, a limited company requires a minimum of 3 shareholders (promoters) and shares are privately owned. The personal liability of the shareholders is limited to the amount unpaid on their shares. As mentioned, the Thai limited company also allows separation between the owners and management.

Can a foreigner legally own a condominium unit in Bangkok?

Any foreigner who has legally entered into Thailand may have freehold ownership over a condominium unit. However, condominium units owned by a foreigner shall not exceed 49% of the total space of the condominium project. Other restrictions are applicable. A non-Thai owner of a freehold condominium unit may also transfer property to other foreigners. If you wish to buy a condominium in Bangkok, there are certain points of which you should be aware such as the amount of monthly maintenance fees and charges, the amount of sinking funds, and verify that the total of foreign-owned units is no more than 49%.

How can I marry my Thai girlfriend in Bangkok?

In order for you to get married in Bangkok, firstly, you need to obtain the marriage affirmation and certified copy of passport at your embassy or consulate in Bangkok. These documents will then be translated into Thai by our qualified translator and submit to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for legalization. The legalized documents will be submitted to the district office together with your Thai girlfriend's copy ID card, household registration, and name change certificate. At the district office, you will be accompanied by our staff members who will also act as interpreters and witnesses.

What is the difference between an uncontested divorce and contested divorce?

The uncontested divorce in Thailand is a consensual divorce or an administrative divorce registration at a government office. If you and your spouse previously registered your marriage at a local district office in Thailand, you may register for uncontested Thailand divorce. An uncontested divorce at the local district office is a divorce registration process and no judge or court is involved. Normally this divorce registration process requires that you and your spouse have no disagreements over child custody or property. If one or both spouse does not agree to the terms of the divorce, the divorce is referred to as a contested divorce. Contested divorces are handled in the Thai Courts rather than through an administrative procedure at the District Office. Rather than a divorce registration, a court orders a divorce agreement.

Suvarnabhumi Airport to Siam Legal Bangkok

Local Office Numbers:
Bangkok: 02-254-8900
Phuket: 07-632-6322
Chiang Mai: 05-381-8306
Pattaya: 084-021-9800
International Numbers:
US: 1-877-252-8831
Thailand: +66 7632-6322