CR1 Visa in Thailand

US Visa in Thailand

TIP:It is important to use a Thai consultant who is based in Thailand and who knows Thai. The US lawyer cannot communicate in Thai so there will be communication issue. A Thai consultant will handle all application forms including translation of Thai documents into English, help in obtaining police clearance and scheduling medical examination and one of the most important thing, a Thai consultant will prepare your Thai partner for the visa interview.

If a US citizen has been married for less than two years when his or her Thai spouse becomes a lawful permanent resident in the US, then the Thai spouse gets residence on a conditional basis through the CR-1 (Conditional Residence) visa. The CR-1 is valid for two years following the entry date to the US.

Within 90 days prior to the expiration of the two-year residence period (from the date of the foreign spouse's entry), the US citizen, together with the spouse, must apply to USCIS to remove the condition to the residence.

Should We Apply for a K3 Visa or CR-1 Visa?

Under the category of Immigrant visa for a foreign spouse of a US citizen, there are types of visa which can be applied for. Aside from the CR-1, the other usual option is the K3 visa. It is important, therefore, to contemplate the different factors when deciding which visa is more appropriate.

The K3 and CR-1 differ in the timeline for the whole application process. If you wish to bring your spouse to the US sooner, then the K3 visa route is the option to take. K3 visa application processes are several months faster than that of CR-1 applications.

However, if you are intending to acquire a green card for your Thai spouse, you will have to consider the time that the adjustment of status will take to complete. It is also more costly in the long run. On a CR-1 visa, the Thai spouse immediately gets legal permanent residency upon entry to the US.

K3 visa holders are also not allowed to become legally employed in the US, not until they have secured a work authorization. While on a CR-1 visa, the foreign spouse is granted the privilege to apply for a job at once.

Meet Our US Visa Team

US Immigration Thailand

How Do I Apply for a CR-1 Visa for my Spouse from Thailand?

The preparation of documents alone for the CR-1 application can be overwhelming and confusing to many. And practically speaking, It is not uncommon that the intending applicants become apprehensive about the outcome of their application, considering that they will have to put forth money, time, effort.

Here at Siam Legal, we offer professional assistance to help you out with the entire process until you obtain your CR-1 visa. Our proven track record with CR-1 visa applications shall attest to why we are the most preferred immigration company and firm all across the Kingdom of Thailand.

Start your CR1 Visa Application ($3,210)
US CR1 Visa Package
Local Office Numbers:
Bangkok: 02-254-8900
Phuket: 084-021-9800
Chiang Mai: 053-818-306
Pattaya: 084-021-9800
International Numbers:
US: 1 (877) 252-8831
Thailand: +66 2254-8900