UK Spouse Visa Application for Extension
An existing UK Spouse visa holder allows the immigrant to stay in the UK for a period of 2 years and 9 months. However, an extension to leave to remain for another 2 years and 6 months can be applied to further stay.
The application can be done within 28 days before the current UK Spouse visa expires and should not leave the country while it’s being processed. The decision will be released within 8 weeks after submission.
In the event of your successful application for extension of your Spouse Visa under the 5 years route, you will be allowed to further leave to remain in the UK for 30 months to be able to complete the 5 years in the UK and thus apply for ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain) as a spouse under 5 years route.
- You have a genuine relationship with your partner. You must be lawfully in the UK with leave to enter or remain as a spouse of a British Citizen or settled person under 5 years route;
- You are still with your partner and that you live together. You should provide evidence of a genuine and subsisting relationship with the UK spouse. You should provide evidence of cohabitation covering at least the last 2 years before the date of application
- The Applicant, Sponsor or both of you shall meet the Financial Requirement. The applicant should meet the suitability criteria as set out in Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. You and your sponsor can meet this using Employment Income, Non-Employment Income, Pension Income, Self-Employment and Cash Savings
- You have a good command of the English Language. The applicant should pass level A2 of CEFR
If you have been together for five years or more inside the UK and still meet the requirement, you will be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (permanent residence in the UK).
What Siam Legal Can Do For You
Our UK Spouse Visa Extension service does not include embassy or government fees. We provide you with:
- Full review of your sponsor and your own personal, financial & employment history
- Consultation and confirmation if you are eligible for a UK spouse visa extension
- Comprehensive checklist of required documents for the applicant and the sponsor (if any)
- Thorough preparation of your visa extension application
- Submission of your visa extension application
- Careful arrangement of all correspondence
- Expert advice on how to handle the consular interview
- Unlimited assistance over the phone with our UK Visa specialists