Thailand Travel Restrictions
Updated last April 30, 2021
This information is posted to provide information to foreign visitors traveling to Thailand during the COVID-19 worldwide pandemic. Thailand travel restrictions have been implemented and strict laws are in place for travelers coming into the country.
Certificate of Entry (COE)
The Certificate of Entry (COE) is an official document issued by the Thai Embassy or Thai Consulate to allow the foriegn visitor entry into Thailand on commercial flights. Applications for COE are made online with the Embassy websites. Many visitors have reported problems booking their COE application with the government websites. Making changes and corrections also have proved to be frustrating. Visitors are reporting difficulty reaching the embassies and consulates by telephone or by email due to the large volume of inquiries they are receiving during the COVID-19 pandemic.
COVID-19 Travel Insurance
There is a mandatory requirement for visitors entering Thailand to buy COVID-19 Travel insurance before entry. The health insurance coverage must be for a minimum of $100,000 for their period of stay.
The COVID Travel Insurance can be purchased online in 5 minutes. A policy is emailed to the buyer immediately for their use in the application process for enter requirements. All major credit cards are accepted to buy COVID-19 travel insurance for travel to Thailand.
Coverage is available for 30, 60, 90, 180, 270, and 365 day period. Older visitors are experiencing problems obtaining coverage as many insurers have restricted ages for their cover.
Non-Thai nationals who enter Thailand must comply with and book by themselves, and at their own expense, a 14-day state approved ASQ hotel.
From May 1, 2021, all travelers who wish to enter Thailand will be required to undergo quarantine for 14 days regardless of their country of origin or vaccination status.
Professional Assistance with Your Travel to Thailand
Siam Legal, a law firm in Thailand offers assistance to those who are in need of help to coordinate their COVID-19 travel into the Kingdom of Thailand.
Areas in which we provide assistance:
- COE: "Certificate of Entry" for Thailand issued by Embassies and Consulates.
- ASQ Hotel: State approved hotels for your quartinee stay in Thailand
- Fit to Fly Certificate: Issued by a medical doctor to ensure you are healthy for travel
- Thai Visa Application: Your visa stamp authorizing your stay in Thailand for a period of time. Many options are available: tourist, business, marriage, medical, and retirement.
- Thai Visa Extension: This is issued by Thai Immigration to extend your stay in Thailand
- 90 Day Reporting: All foreigners must report every 90 days to Thai Immigration.
- Thai Elite Visa: We are a sales agent on behalf of the Thai Elite Visa program.
If you need professional assistance with your Thai visa or the preparation of your travel documents, please contact Siam Legal here.
List of ASQ Hotels in Thailand
We have compiled a list of ASQ Hotels recommended by our clients. We have listened to their feedback and offer these properties as a result of their comments.
For a complete list of ASQ hotels in Thailand click here