Procedures of Applying for BOI Promotion
Applicant must contact the BOI official within 10 working days to make an appointment for interview and project presentation. Completed BOI application are submitted to:
- Investment Service Center
- One Start One Stop Investment Center
- Regional Investment and Economic Centers
- Overseas Offices
- BOI Offices
BOI will inform the applicant in writing within 7 working days of decision date.
- If the project is over 750 million baht, it will be approved by the BOI committee (within 90 working days).
- If the project is not more than 80 million baht, it will be approved by the BOI office (within 40 working days).
- If the project is over 80 million baht but not more than 750 million baht, it will be approved by the BOI sub-committee (within 60 working days). After that, the applicant must submit the required documents for the Certificate of Issuance within 6 months of the approved acceptance. After approval, the applicant must complete and submit the form of promotion acceptance within 1 month after receipt of notification.
Certificate of Issuance
- Applicant request for exemption of corporate income tax.
- Applicant request for permission to own land for promoted activities.
- Applicant request for exemption of imported duties on imported machinery.
- Applicant request for permission to bring in foreign technicians and experts.
The applicant must submit the project progress report every 6 months to the BOI, starting from the date of promotion certificate issuance. The applicant must submit financial status and annual operation performance to the BOI every year within the 31st July of the following year.
About the Author (Author Profile)
Siam Legal is an international law firm with experienced lawyers, attorneys, and solicitors both in Thailand law and international law. This Thailand law firm offers comprehensive legal services in Thailand to both local and foreign clients for Litigation such as civil & criminal cases, labor disputes, commercial cases, divorce, adoption, extradition, fraud, and drug cases. Other legal expertise of the law firm varied in cases involving corporate law such as company registration & Thailand BOI, family law, property law, and private investigation.