Factory License in Thailand Overview
There are three (3) types of factory under Factory Act, B.E. 2535 (1992).
- The first type of factory can operate or manufacture any time upon their wish. However, the manufacturer has to follow the regulation under ministerial regulations.
- The second type of factory, even there is no need to ask for permission before any manufacturing, the manufacturer has to inform the officer. It, as well, has to comply with ministerial regulations.
- The third type of factory has to get the approval from the officer before operating the factory.
In all cases, to be able to categorize or determined type of factory; a type of factory/ type of business in Thailand, the total amount of horsepower and the total amount of employees are all required.
Only the second and the third type of factory have to pay an annual fee. The annual fee is paid from the first day of operating and every following year.
Procedure and Timeframe for factory license
- Investigating the location and report within 30 days;
- The consideration whether to approve shall be finished within 50 days;
- Report the result to the operator within 10 days.
Restricted places for all types of factory
- Residential area;
- Within 50 meters from the public places e.g. school, temple, hospital, etc.
About the Author (Author Profile)
Siam Legal is an international law firm with experienced lawyers, attorneys, and solicitors both in Thailand law and international law. This Thailand law firm offers comprehensive legal services in Thailand to both local and foreign clients for Litigation such as civil & criminal cases, labor disputes, commercial cases, divorce, adoption, extradition, fraud, and drug cases. Other legal expertise of the law firm varied in cases involving corporate law such as company registration & Thailand BOI, family law, property law, and private investigation.