US Visa Blog

Bringing a Thai Child to the US

There are many reasons you may wish to bring a Thai child with you to the U.S. If you are a U.S. citizen you may be the child’s adopted parent, step parent, parent’s fiance, extended family member, or just a friend of the family.

Continue Reading

Timeline of Adjustment of Status

It depends on what kind of visa you have. You cannot become a permanent resident based on a tourist visa or most other non-immigrant visas. In general, you can become a permanent resident based on a family member or employer’s sponsorship or your status as a refugee.

Continue Reading

Adjustment of Status

Adjustment of status is the legal step of applying for permanent residency (also known as a green card) in the U.S. and changing your legal status in the U.S. from a visitor to a legal permanent resident. This is done via Form I-485 the Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

Continue Reading