Siam Legal International

Author Archive: Siam Legal International

Siam Legal is a full service law firm but it has an extensive range of immigration, corporate, and real estate experience accessible to clients both domestically and internationally. It has offices strategically located throughout the major cities in Thailand including Chiang Mai, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Samui and Phuket along with international representative offices in Australia, London and Las Vegas.

Bringing a Thai Child to the US

by | January 18, 2012 | US Immigration

There are many reasons you may wish to bring a Thai child with you to the U.S. If you are a U.S. citizen you may be the child’s adopted parent, step parent, parent’s fiance, extended family member, or just a friend of the family.

Continue Reading

Timeline of Adjustment of Status

It depends on what kind of visa you have. You cannot become a permanent resident based on a tourist visa or most other non-immigrant visas. In general, you can become a permanent resident based on a family member or employer’s sponsorship or your status as a refugee.

Continue Reading

Adjustment of Status

Adjustment of status is the legal step of applying for permanent residency (also known as a green card) in the U.S. and changing your legal status in the U.S. from a visitor to a legal permanent resident. This is done via Form I-485 the Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.

Continue Reading

Search the blog