Steps After the I-129F Petition for Alien Fiance is Approved
What are the next steps after the I-129F petition for Alien Fiancée/e is approved?
The USCIS will send the case to the National Visa Center (NVC) after the petition is approved for further processing. Once the case reaches the NVC, petitioner/ beneficiary will soon receive a case number and send the approved K visa package to the U.S Consulate office.
When the U.S Consulate receives the package, they will notify the beneficiary to prepare and submit the K Packet 3 documents, which are the following but not limited to:
- Valid Passport: Must have at least eight (8) months validity left from the date the visa is issued.
- Previous Passport(s) for applicants who have traveled to the U.S.
- Birth Certificate Issued from the Local Registrar’s Office
- Name Change Certificate(s): If petitioner, beneficiary, accompanying immediate relatives ever change their names.
- Beneficiary’s Single Status Certificate
- Marriage Certificate: If the petitioner or beneficiary previously married
- Dissolution of Previous Marriage(s): Evidence such as death certificate, divorce decree or annulment papers.
- Official Child Custody Documents and Adoption Certificate, if applicable
- Judicial and Prison Records: If anyone has a criminal record in any country
- Military Record, if applicable and obtainable
- Original DS-2001 Form
- 2-pcs Square Size Colored Photographs
- DS-260 Confirmation Page
- Global Support Strategy (GSS) Confirmation Page
- Original Proof of Payment of the Application Fee
- Original Completed and Signed Form I-134 Affidavit of Support by the Petitioner, along with supporting financial evidence
- Thai Police Clearance Certificate
- Foreign Police Clearance Certificate: If applicant ever lived in any foreign country more than a year
- Medical Examination done from a designated hospital (keep sealed)
- Certified English Translations of Thai civil and supporting documents, along with its photocopy
Medical examination can be done once the beneficiary already receives the interview date.
All K1 applicants must not marry their U.S petitioner, nor book their flights to the U.S prior to the issuance of the visa. Interviewing officer has the right to request for further evidence at the visa interview.
Category: US Fiancee Visa
About the Author (Author Profile)
Siam Legal is a full service law firm but it has an extensive range of immigration, corporate, and real estate experience accessible to clients both domestically and internationally. It has offices strategically located throughout the major cities in Thailand including Chiang Mai, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Samui and Phuket along with international representative offices in Australia, London and Las Vegas.