Your Guide to K-1 Visa in Thailand: The Eligibility and Application Checklist

It is a given fact anyone can aspire for a United States Visa. Yet, it is also a must know that every applicant, as the case may be, are not eligible for the type of visa they are applying because of one reason or another, be it documentary in nature or character wise, denial for […]

Continue Reading

How to Meet the Financial Requirement to Sponsor an Alien Relative

Under the US law, every relative-based petition for intending immigrants must have a sponsor who can provide financial assistance until the beneficiary becomes a US citizen or a legal permanent resident. The consular officers will verify to the extent possible that the alien immigrants will not resort to public funds or rely on government benefits […]

Continue Reading

Can an American Expat File a Visa Petition While Outside the US?

There is quite a significant number of Americans who stay in Thailand for many different reasons involving personal circumstances, studies, employment, family considerations and what not. It is rather not unusual that one finds the love of their life during their stay inside the country, and in many cases, majority of the American expats would […]

Continue Reading

How early should you start your US visa application?

As seen in recent years, visa applications to the US are now subject to a higher degree of evaluation than in the past; hence, advance visa application and early planning of travel are always a good idea. The estimated time frame covering the process of getting an appointment for an interview until the release of […]

Continue Reading

8 Important Considerations on Getting Your US Tourist Visa Approved

by | February 21, 2014 | US Immigration

US visitor or tourist visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows temporary stay in the US for the purpose of holiday or tourism. In securing US Tourist Visa for a Thai, the US Embassy would determine the qualification of the applicant based on their eligibility under all applicable US laws for this visa category. Although […]

Continue Reading

Qualifying for US Visitor Visa or B-2 Tourist Visa

by | August 23, 2013 | US Immigration

Also known as a US Visitor Visa, a B-2 Visa is a non-immigrant visa that is issued to qualified applicants who intend to go to US on a temporary basis for medical treatment or simply for leisure purposes. It specifies the purpose of the travel as well as the length of stay of the holder. […]

Continue Reading

The Social Security Card and Its Purpose

Ever wonder why the US government requires immigrants to secure a social security card? Did you know that the social security card helps the US government prevent tax evasion? Read on to discover more about the social security card submission after your K1 Visa application from Thailand. Your American fiancee will have a social security […]

Continue Reading

Tourist Visa Application to the United States

(B-1/B-2 Visa) The B-1/B-2 tourist visa is applied to by a Filipino if he intends to go to the United States and stay temporarily either for pleasure, business or medical treatment. A B-1 visa is for business purposes, such as attending business conventions or conferences, consulting business partners or associates, negotiating contracts or closing deals, […]

Continue Reading

US Visa Refusal

Consular officers have the sole responsibility to grant or deny a visa application. They examine the overall situation of an applicant before they make a decision. Although the US Department of State is authorized to review the consuls’ judgment, they are only limited to the interpretation of law. The determination of whether or not an […]

Continue Reading

US Spouse Visa Options

US citizens who marry foreign nationals and want to bring their foreign spouse to the United States, may think of obtaining a K3 Visa first. But considering the limitations of a K3 visa, the US citizen may opt to apply for an IR-1 visa or the CR-1 visa. This article will give an overview of […]

Continue Reading

Search the blog

US Visa Newsletter
Find how you can increase your chance on getting a US visa in Thailand. Sign up for our monthly newsletter.