French Tourist Visa for Thai
France has always been a favorite holiday destination among holiday goers and travelers around the world. Whether you go to France to visit your friend, relatives or to simply experience the elegant French side of life, you would need to obtain a corresponding tourist visa in order to be able to get admitted in the country. Thais are among the nationals which are required to obtain a tourist visa beforehand to be able to enter France for a holiday.
- Passport (valid for 6 months)
- Copy of passport's photo page
- Completed Visa application form
- Two color ID photos size 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm in white background
- Proof of Employment - This will be in the forms of:
- Employment which specifically states the applicant's position
- If self employed, provide copy of Business registration certificate
- Sponsorship letter from the inviting French resident
- Motivation Letter - that which relates you reason of visiting France
- Proof of accommodation
- bank book, bank statements, payment slips showing sufficient funds
- Flight reservation and proof of accommodation
Applying Through Sponsorship
The sponsor needs to furnish documents proving his financial capacity, should provide a confirmed booking of a return flight tickets, proof of accommodation, a copy of his passport's photopage and all pages stamped by the Thai immigration, proof of medical insurance and motivation letter.
- STEP 1 - The applicant must visit the nearest French embassy or a French diplomatic mission, as the case may be, and inquire about the specific visitor visa application requirements. Personal visits are encouraged since such assures more timely and accurate information.
- STEP 2 - Upon learning the requirements, identifying and gathering the application form, documents, records and certificates required come next. In cases of financial incapacity to finance the visit, coordination with the sponsor must be done immediately.
- STEP 3 - Then, visa candidates should pay the application fee.
- STEP 4 - Scheduling an appointment is next on the list. In order to avoid delays and waiting time, it would be best for applicants to call the embassy's call center to secure a spot.
- STEP 5 - During the scheduled appointment, submission of all the requirements must be done. After submission, waiting time for the approval starts. Applicants may continue to follow-up their applications by calling the embassy.
French diplomatic missions usually process visitor visas for approximately two (2) to ten (10) working days. Extensions may possibly occur especially during the peak season.
Visa Processing Time
It normally takes the embassy 3 working days to process the visa application. It takes longer if an interview is required or if it's the peak season. For non-Thai applicants the application can take up to 10 business days.
When Visa is granted, you have to show the following when picking up your passport:
- Original and a copy of the return flight ticket
- Proof of health insurance
Validity of the Visa
A French tourist visa is valid for 90 days. It is valid in all Schengen-member countries namely Germany, France, Austria, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Italy, Spain, Greece, Portugal, Iceland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hungary and the Czech Republic.
What Siam Legal Can Do For You
Our French visit/tourist visa service does not include embassy or government fees. We provide you with:
- Full review of your sponsor and your own financial & employment history
- Consultation with our French Immigration Specialist
- Comprehensive checklist of documents for the applicant and the sponsor (if any)
- Professional and accurate preparation of your visa application
- Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies
- Careful preparation of all correspondence with government agencies
- Expert advice on how to handle yourself during the interview (if any)
- Unlimited personal communication with our French Visa Specialists