French Fiancée Visa for Thai
Getting married in France with your French fiancé is certainly a very romantic prospect. If you are eyeing to go to France to get married, be wary about the visa requirements for the fiancé visa so that you maybe able to obtain the visa with flying colors.
The Fiance visa allows the foreign fiancé of the French national to come to France and get married there. The immigration status of the foreign fiancé will not be adjusted accordingly after marriage. The foreign spouse needs to go back to his/her home country to obtain the appropriate visa that she may be able to stay in France permanently.
- 2 Color ID Photographs, size 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm taken against a plain white background
- Passport with at least 6-month validity
- A copy of the passport's photo page
- "Certificat de publication des bans et de non-opposition a marriage", issued by the City Hall where the marriage will be celebrated.
- A copy of the applicant's proof of personal income i.e. bank account and salary slips (3)
- A copy of the French fiance's certificate of nationality in the forms of:
- National ID card
- Certificate of Nationality
- Decree granting the French Nationality
- Registration Card as a French residing abroad
- A copy of the French fiancée's personal income i.e. income taxes and pay slips
- A copy of the French fiancée's proof of accommodation i.e. leases agreement, rental receipts for the last three months or title deeds.
- Letter detailing the relationship from the French fiancé
- Confirmed reservation of a roundtrip flight ticket
- Proof of medical insurance.
Visa Processing Time
It normally takes the embassy 3 working days to process the visa application. It takes longer if an interview is required or if it's the peak season. For non-Thai applicants the application can take up to 10 business days.
When Visa is granted, you have to show the following when picking up your passport:
- Original and a copy of the return flight ticket
- Proof of health insurance
Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Belarus, Burundi,Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Indonesia, Iran , Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, N. Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Travel Document holders, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Surinam, Syria, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam, Yemen, Zimbabwe.
What Siam Legal Can Do For You
We assist in the smooth and hassle-free processing of your fiancé visa through our professional visa assistance services. We offer:
- Full review of your own personal, financial & employment history
- Consultation with our French Immigration Specialist
- Comprehensive checklist of documents for the applicant and the sponsor (if any)
- Professional and accurate preparation of your visa application
- Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies
- Careful preparation of all correspondence with government agencies
- Expert advice on how to handle yourself during the interview (if any)