If you are considering getting married or registering your marriage in Thailand, you have to know that a legal marriage in Thailand consists of both parties registering their marriage in person with the local Thai Amphur (Local District Office). The Russian Federation does recognize the validity of such a marriage.
The Marriage Registration
Complete in an affidavit at Embassy's Consular Department. The document includes all the information required by the relevant Thai law. After completing the document, it must be notarized by the Russian Consul. Herewith you must submit your Russian passport and pay in cash a notary’s services fee of $20 (exchanged for Thai Baht). If you have previously been married, you must also complete an additional affidavit, stating your present non-marital status. The completed affidavit(s) should be translated into Thai.
The completed affidavit(s) and its Thai-language translation should be legalized at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand (Legalization Division, Department of Consular Affairs, 3rd floor, 123 Chaengwattana Road, Laksi District, Bangkok. Tel: (02) 5-1057-8; Fax: (02) 575-1054).
After that you may legally register your marriage at any local Amphur office submitting legalized affidavit(s) and supporting documents:
- Your Russian passport;
- If the other party is a Thai citizen, his/her Identification Card;
- If either party has previously been married, officials may want to see proof that the marriage has been terminated. Divorce certificates or death certificates (with Thai translations) should suffice.
Please note that if neither party speaks Thai, it may be necessary to ask an interpreter to accompany you to the Amphur office.
Need help with legally registering your marriage in Thailand?
|Local Office Numbers:
Marriage Registration by Nationality
- Thai Marriage Registation for British Nationals
- Thai Marriage Registation for U.S Nationals
- Thai Marriage Registration for Danish Nationals
- Thai Marriage Registration for Australian Nationals
- Thai Marriage Registration for New Zealand Nationals
- Thai Marriage Registration for Canadian Nationals
- Thai Marriage Registration for Belgian Nationals
- Thai Marriage Registration for Russian Nationals
- Thai Marriage Registration for Vietnamese Nationals