Marriage between Vietnamese and Thai nationals has been a growing occurrence. However, the marriage registration process in Vietnam is complicated and time consuming. As a result, there has been an influx in the number of Vietnamese and Thai nationals getting married in Thailand where the registration of a marriage is simpler. With a plethora of beautiful resorts, Thailand allows the couple to combine marriage and honeymoon in one trip. So what are the requirements for a Vietnamese and a Thai national to get married in Thailand?
RequirementsFor the Vietnamese:
- Single status certificate from the hometown district office translated to English and legalized at Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Vietnam
- Vietnamese ID Card
- Divorce certificate translated to English and legalized at Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Vietnam (if applicable)
- Thai ID card
- Tabien Baan
- Divorce certificate (if applicable)
Important Reminders on the Marriage Registration Process
- As a general requirement, couples who wish to get married in Thailand must obtain an Affidavit of Freedom to Marry or Single Status from their respective embassy in Bangkok.
- The Affidavit of Single Status for each person will have to be translated to Thai and then to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for legalization.
- After obtaining the legalized Affidavit of Single Status, the couple can proceed to the local district office for the marriage registration where the marriage certificate is obtained.
After the marriage is properly registered in Thailand, the Vietnamese citizen and the foreigner are legally married. Thai marriage is recognized all over the world including in Vietnam. The foreigner can also begin the process of petitioning to bring their wife back to the home country.
What Siam Legal can do for you
We offer professional and reliable assistance with Marriage Registration process in Thailand for Vietnamese and Thai citizen. Our service package includes the following:
- Preparation of Affirmation of Freedom to Marry.
- Translation of the Affirmation of Freedom to Marry into Thai.
- Legalization of your documents at the Ministry of Foreign affairs.
- Preparation of documents for the marriage registration at the District Office.
- Accompanying you during the registration of your marriage at the District Office in Bangkok.
- Translation of your Marriage Certificate & Addendum into English at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Mailing of the legalized translated documents to you.
NB: THE FEES doesn't include the Embassy fee and Government fees