UK Visa for Thai Spouse
A UK Spouse visa Thailand for Thai spouses of UK citizens or permanent residents (mainly those with indefinite leave to remain) may come to the UK under marriage visa category, and are able to work as soon as a visa is granted. The Thai spouse should be legally married to the British national, this means the marriage should have been done in accordance with the requirements of the jurisdiction where the marriage is registered. Note that Buddhist marriage ceremony in Thailand has no legal basis and only marriage registered at the local amphur (distric office) is considered legal. Those who are married under the Buddhist ceremony alone are not qualified for the UK spouse visa Thailand.
Obtaining your UK Marriage Visa or applying for a UK Spouse Visa for your Thai spouse can be completed in Bangkok, Thailand. The Visa section of the British embassy in Bangkok processes UK spouse visa application and other settlement visa applications. The processing time depends on the volume of UK visa Thailand applications received by the British embassy. A UK Spouse Visa Thailand is valid for two years and is stamped on the applicant's passport if the application is successful.
- If you are married to a British citizen, you may be granted a UK Spouse Visa for a probationary period of 2 years and 9 months.
- If you are still married and living together at the end of that period in the UK, you will be eligible to apply for a Leave to Remain which entitles further stay of 2 years and 3 months.
- If you have been together for five years or more inside the UK and still meet the requirement, you will be granted Indefinite Leave to Remain (permanent residence in the UK).
What Siam Legal Can Do For You
Our UK Spouse Visa in Thailand service does not include embassy or government fees. We provide you with:
- Full review of your sponsor and your own personal, financial & employment history
- Consultation and confirmation if you are eligible for a UK spouse visa
- Comprehensive checklist of required documents for the applicant and the sponsor (if any)
- Thorough preparation of your visa application
- Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies
- Careful arrangement of all correspondence with government agencies
- Expert advice on how to handle the consular interview
- Unlimited assistance over the phone with our UK Visa specialists
IN CASE OF REFUSAL
A refusal letter detailing the reasons of the visa refusal is provided by the embassy accordingly if the application is denied. Should you have any questions as to the application of a UK Spouse visa Thailand for your Thai wife, contact any of our offices located in Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket or Hua Hin. With resident immigration experts we will provide you with the best and most cost effective solutions.
|Local Office Numbers:|