Category: US Immigration

Applying for a Non-Immigration US Visa in 5 Easy Steps

Every year, there are thousands of people who submit a US visa application to enter the United States as a Non-Immigrant. For people who want to visit, it is important to know the basic steps of the application process that must be followed to have a smooth and successful end of the application. Here are […]

Continue Reading

IMBRA – K-1 Protections and Limitations for Fiancés

by | January 23, 2015 | US Fiancee Visa, US Immigration

In 2006, the President signed the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) into law. Within VAWA contained the International Marriage Broker Regulation Act (IMBRA) which sought to protect foreign nationals from U.S. citizen petitioners who have a criminal history or who have filed petitions for multiple fiancés in the past. IMBRA forces a petitioner for any […]

Continue Reading

United States Employment Based Preference Immigration Categories

by | January 6, 2015 | US Immigration

The United States’ Employment-based immigration is based on a quota and preference system. Annually, there are 140,000 available employment immigrant visa available per year. These immigrant visas are divided into five preference categories. These preference categories are Priority Workers (28.6%), Advance Degree Professionals and Exceptionally Ability Aliens (28.6%), Skilled Workers, Professionals, and Other Workers (28.6%), […]

Continue Reading

Legitimate Reasons for a U.S. Business or Tourist Visa

by | December 19, 2014 | US Immigration

The B Visa is for visitors to the United States for business or pleasure. The B visa is also known as the tourist visa. The vast majority of foreigners enter the United States on a B visa. Most of these visas are for touring, visiting family members, or to conduct business on behalf of an […]

Continue Reading

K-2 Visa in Thailand: Minor Child Aging Out

by | December 11, 2014 | US Fiancee Visa, US Immigration

Under the K-1 Fiancé Visa, the fiancé of a United States Citizen can enter the United States to marry the U.S. citizen within 90 days. K-2 visas can be issued to minor children of the K-1 visa holder within one year of the issuance of the K-1 visa. The minor children of the K-1 visa […]

Continue Reading

What is required to file for Naturalization in the U.S.?

by | November 14, 2014 | US Immigration

A U.S. permanent resident may file for naturalization up to ninety days before the end of the five year or three-year residency period depending on the method the permanent resident obtained their status. U.S. permanent residents who are current members of the U.S. armed forces or within six months of separation may file for naturalization […]

Continue Reading

Visa Reciprocity for Thailand

Visa Reciprocity is an agreement between two countries on the terms and conditions for issuing visas to nationals of the reciprocal country. Generally, there is an agreement to treat the other countries nationals with the same conditions and limitations that they treat their nationals. However sometimes a visa reciprocity is a retaliatory action as in […]

Continue Reading

Differences between Visa Processing and Adjustment of Status

There are two methods for a foreign national to become a U.S. Permanent Resident. The foreign national can go through Visa Processing through a U.S. consulate abroad or through Adjustment of Status in the United States. This article will go through some of main differences between Visa Processing and Adjustment of Status. Maintenance of Lawful […]

Continue Reading

How does someone become a U.S. citizen?

by | October 4, 2014 | US Immigration

There are four basic ways to become a U.S. citizen. The most common way is to be born in the United States. The 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution states that all persons born in the United States or United States territories are citizens of the United States. The second method of becoming a U.S. […]

Continue Reading

Adjustment of Status: Its Requirements and Processes

Adjustment of Status is the process of converting your K-1 or K-3 spouse to a U.S. permanent resident. The process begins with organizing your supporting documents. They can be placed into these categories.

Continue Reading

Search the blog