Child Support FAQs

in Thailand

I am entitled to pay for child support in Thailand as ordered by the court, but I am currently unemployed. What should I do?

You may file a petition to the court where the child support is granted for reducing or rearranging the child support payment.

I am residing aboard and if I do not comply with the court order, will I be enforced to pay for the child support?

Yes. If you have the property in Thailand, the court will order to seize your property and have them sold on the auction; then the proceeds from the auction will be paid for the child support. However, if you do not have any property in Thailand, Thai court will work cooperatively with the court where your property is located to seize your property and sell them for the child support payments.

I denied paying child support in Thailand, and currently my property is seized by the court order, and it is on the auction?

To have your property returned, you have to settle the child support payment first, and once the payment is sufficiently paid or settled in writing agreement, the lawyer of your child will file a petition to the court for releasing your property from the auction.

How am I sure that my child support money paid for my child tuition fees will be used in accordance with such purpose?

To avoid the issue, you may pay your child tuition fees directly to the school, rather than remitting money for the tuition to the mother of your child.

Can I deposit the child support money to the bank account of my child directly?

No, unless your child is 15 years old. In Thailand, the child is allowed to have his or her bank account at the age of 15.

Local Office Numbers:
Bangkok: 02-254-8900
Phuket: 076-326-322
Chiang Mai: 053-818-306
Pattaya: 084-021-9800
International Numbers:
US: 1-877-252-8831
Thailand: +66 2254-8900