German Visa for Thai Fiancé(e)
Visa for Marriage in Germany, or simply, the Germany fiancée visa allows a German national to bring his or her Thai fiancee to Germany and subsequently marry there. It initially grants a 90-day stay in the country, and could be converted to a residence permit.
The Germany fiancée visa is granted to Thai partners of German nationals who desire to go to Germany for the purpose of marriage. As a prerequisite, said Thai nationals are required to know how to speak at least the basics of the German language. Otherwise, the visa application has a high chance of refusal.
To apply for a Germany fiancée visa, the Thai applicant must provide the following requirements:
- Completed visa application form
- 4 passport photos, with the name and the birth date of the applicant
- Valid passport
- Visa fee of 60 Euro (to be paid in Thai Baht)
- 2 completed security questionnaire (Sicherheitsbelehrung)
- Authentic birth certificate
- Copy of the Federal Identity Card of the German sponsor
- Certification of Eligibility to Marry
- Evidence to prove an ended previous marriage if divorced or widowed
- Proof of basic knowledge of the German language
- Parental consent (if a minor)
- Medical certificate
All documents worded in the Thai language must be submitted with a German translation that is duly authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It is equally important to submit duplicates of original documents, unless specified.
Visa Application Process
- Submit all the necessary documents to the German Embassy
- Submit it at 9 South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120
- Pay the corresponding fees.
- Comply with any additional requirements requested
- Appear before the Immigration Officer for an interview.
- The German Embassy will forward the application to the authorities.
- After processing, the authorities in Germany will forward their decision.
- If granted, the Thai fiancée can now fly to Germany.
- Get married and apply for a residence permit within 90 days.
If you are think moving to Germany with your spouse then the German goverment might need you to show some basic knowledge of the German language. You may have to present "The Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Start Deutsch 1" certificate to prove that you have at least basic German language skills.
What Siam Legal Can Do For You
Our Germany fiancée visa service does not include embassy or government fees. We provide you with:
- Full review of your personal, financial & employment history
- Consultation and confirmation that this visa is appropriate for you
- Extensive checklist of documents that you need for your visa application
- Professional and accurate preparation of your visa application
- Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies
- Careful preparation of all correspondence with government agencies
- Expert advice on how to handle yourself at your Consular interview
- Unlimited personal communication with our Germany Visa Specialists
|Schengen Visa for Germany||Schengen Visa for France|
|Schengen Visa for Portugal||Schengen Visa for Italy|
|Schengen Visa for Netherlands||Schengen Visa for Spain|
|Schengen Visa for Denmark||Schengen Visa for Belgium|
|Local Office Numbers:|