German Tourist Visa
Visiting Germany is a dream for most Thais especially those who have relatives, friends, fiancee or spouse in Deutschland to visit. A visit to Germany for tourism purposes requires the application of a tourist visa for some nationalities. Thailand is among the countries in the world which are required to obtain a tourist visa beforehand to be able to enter Germany for a holiday. A fiancee/spouse visa, student visa, and business visa to germany are also available for other travel purposes.
- Passport (valid for 6 months)
- Completed Visa application form
- 5 x 3 cm (2 inch), two passport-sized pictures in white background
- Medical Travel Health insurance with a minimum coverage of 30,000 Euro
- Formal sponsorship by the inviting German resident ('Verpflichtungserklärung').
- Bank book, bank statements, payment slips showing sufficient funds
- Flight reservation and proof of accommodation
- Visa Application at approximately 3,000 Baht
- 19 years old applicants and below need to submit the consent of their parents
- 1 photo copy of all the abovementioned documents
Applying Through Sponsorship
The sponsor needs to furnish a completed sponsorship form which the applicant can include in his visa application and other documentations to be submitted at the German embassy. The German authorities will be checking on the financial position of the sponsor in Germany before considering the sponsorship form.
- STEP 1 - The applicant must visit the nearest German embassy or a German diplomatic mission, as the case may be, and inquire about the specific visitor visa application requirements. Personal visits are encouraged since such assures more timely and accurate information.
- STEP 2 - Upon learning the requirements, identifying and gathering the application form, documents, records and certificates required come next. In cases of financial incapacity to finance the visit, coordination with the sponsor must be done immediately.
- STEP 3 - Then, visa candidates should pay EUR 60 for the application fee.
- STEP 4 - Scheduling an appointment is next on the list. In order to avoid delays and waiting time, it would be best for applicants to call the embassy's call center to secure a spot.
- STEP 5 - During the scheduled appointment, submission of all the requirements must be done. After submission, waiting time for the approval starts. Applicants may continue to follow-up their applications by calling the embassy.
Visa Processing Time
It normally takes the embassy 2 to 3 weeks or earlier to process the visa application. It takes longer if an interview is required or if it's the peak season. For non-Thai applicants the application can take up to 10 business days.
Validity of the Visa
A German tourist visa is valid for 90 days. It is valid in all Schengen-member countries namely Germany, France, Austria, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Italy, Spain, Greece, Portugal, Iceland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hungary and the Czech Republic.
What Siam Legal Can Do For You
The success rate of German Tourist Visa application is low. If you wish to obtain the visa, Siam Legal can assist you to make this happen. We offer:
- Full review of your sponsor and your own financial & employment history
- Consultation with our German Immigration Specialist
- Comprehensive checklist of documents for the applicant and the sponsor (if any)
- Professional and accurate preparation of your visa application
- Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies
- Careful preparation of all correspondence with government agencies
- Expert advice on how to handle yourself during the interview (if any)