UK Visa for Thai Fiancée
The requirements for immigration on a UK Fiancée Visa are very similar to a UK Spouse Visa. The difference is that the British resident or a British citizen must have the intent to getting married to the fiancée within 6 months of their entry into the United Kingdom.
The process begins with an application for entry at the local embassy or consulate. Once the visa application is approved, the fiancé will be allowed to stay in the UK for six months. You must then get married to your British fiancé within the given amount of time.
The applicant does not have any financial requirements but the British partner is required to have a minimum gross income of £18,600 plus £3,800 for the first sponsored child and £2,400 for each additional sponsored child. The amount must be maintained for the duration of the applicant’s stay in the United Kingdom. When the applicant enters the United Kingdom and begins working, the applicant’s income can be included in the gross income amount.
The applicant must then apply for a UK Spouse Visa from within the UK once they are married. This will provide them with the ability to work freely and live without restrictions in the UK for 2 years and 9 months.
If the relationship is still continuing after this period, you may then apply for Leave to Remain (LR) and stay for another 2 years and 3 months, and finally become eligible to apply for the Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) for permanent stay in the UK.
The Fiancé's children who are over 18 years old can apply for entry into the UK as dependents if they have a mental or physical condition forces them to be dependent on the fiancé.
UK Fiancee Visa Eligibility
- Both Parties must be over the age of 18 at the time of the application
- Thai national or a foreigner holding residence status in Thailand
- Both parties are free to marry
- You must have met your future spouse
What Siam Legal Can Do For You
Our service does not include embassy or government fees. We provide you with:
- Full review of your sponsor and your own personal, financial & employment history
- Consultation and confirmation if you are eligible for a UK fiance/fiancee visa
- Comprehensive checklist of required documents for the applicant and the sponsor (if any)
- Thorough preparation of your visa application
- Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies
- Careful arrangement of all correspondence with government agencies
- Expert advice on how to handle the consular interview
- Unlimited assistance over the phone with our Visa specialists